2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004

ITOCHU International Purchases Solar Depot
July 06, 2007
By Corporate Communications

On June 13th, ITOCHU International and ITOCHU Corporation jointly purchased Solar Depot, a wholesale distributor and system integrator of solar electric and solar thermal systems headquartered in Petaluma, California.

ITOCHU recently established PV (Photovoltaic) Group composed of elements of its Machinery and Energy, Metals & Minerals Companies in order to identify strong partners to enable ITOCHU to become more directly involved in the rapidly growing industry.

Solar Depot is one of the largest and most experienced integrators of solar systems in the U.S. residential market and the largest distributor of BP Solar in the Western Hemisphere. III will own 60% of Solar Depot, and ITOCHU Corporation the remaining 40%.

ITOCHU plans to aggressively develop Solar Depot’s business throughout the US market by utilizing its construction and housing materials distribution network. Solar Depot currently sells through a network of 500 dealers on the West Coast. Solar Depot is headquartered in Petaluma, California.